Twitter is one of the most used social media platforms allowing users to share their thoughts, ideas, and other kinds of stuff through tweeting and direct messaging. Tweets are the content you upload publicly, while direct messages are personal conversations you can make with other users on the platform. There are some scenarios in which the conditions to DM someone on Twitter change or vary, such as if you opted to receive anyone’s messages on the platform, then anyone can send a message to you. But the question is how to DM on Twitter. The answer must cover many areas to make things more manageable. Who can message you on Twitter directly? Can you receive everyone’s messages on Twitter? Many questions are related to this matter and need to be answered.
This blog will clarify everything for those wondering how to DM someone on Twitter, so they converse privately with that individual or many others. In this discussion, we go through the official way to send a message on the Twitter platform and learn different aspects of that matter. In addition, we will also learn how many tweets are allowed on Twitter in a day and what are the possible difficulties in messaging someone on Twitter. So, let us start our discussion and make everything easy to understand.
Essential Things To Know Before Texting on Twitter
You should know some basic things if you are texting privately or sending a DM. The following person will not receive your message if the option of receiving a stranger’s message is turned off. You can only DM the person you previously sent a text message to or who has opted to receive messages from anyone on the platform. When sending messages in a group, you can DM all members and receive their direct messages.
For business accounts, the Twitter platform allows sending direct messages even to those who don’t follow you until the person you are sending a message to has blocked you on the platform. In short, on Twitter, you can only DM the person you are following and who enables the option of receiving messages from others.
How To Direct Message On Twitter Using Mobile?
Twitter gives an exceptional experience while using it through a mobile application. To send a direct message on Twitter from a mobile, you need to follow a few steps to make things easy to understand. Here is the detail of these steps:
- The first step is to open the application of Twitter on your mobile phone. Log into your account and tap on the envelope-like icon. It will appear at the right-bottom side of your screen.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will see an icon that tells you to send a message to anybody across the platform. Click on that icon.
- Once you tap on that icon, a new window will appear in front of your screen, allowing you to search for the handle or username to whom you want to send a message on Twitter. Here, you can add more than one handle to send many people the same message.
- After selecting the username or handle, you need to tap the Start a message option at the bottom of your screen.
- Once you have written your message, tap the arrow button next to the text bar.
The above steps allow you to DM on Twitter using your mobile. Now, let us find out how you can perform this action using a web browser on your desktop.
How To Send Direct Message On Twitter Through PC?
Sending messages on Twitter using a web browser on a PC is straightforward and involves a few simple steps. This section will discuss how you can send messages on Twitter privately to a user or many users.
- The first step is to open your web browser and go to www.twitter.com
- The next step after signing into your account is to click on the message icon on the left side of your screen.
- Navigate to the new message option so you can send it to someone or to a group of others.
- Again, once you tap on the new message option, a window will appear where you need to add the recipient names whom you want to DM on Twitter.
- Enter the text into the text bar, and if you want to attach images or GIFs from the left side, you can add them immediately.
- Once you finish writing and attaching files, click on the arrow button next to the text bar, and that’s it!
The above discussion shows how you can send a direct message to someone on Twitter. The process is simple and needs to follow a few simple steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
The term DM refers to Direct Message. On Twitter, sending direct messages to a user lets you communicate privately and share opinions.
It happens when you send more than 500 direct messages, as it is prohibited to send more than five hundred direct messages to users on Twitter.
Yes, the Twitter platform makes it restricted. A user can not Tweet more than 2400 times n the platform in a day.
At the End of the Discussion
From the above discussion on how to DM on Twitter, we can say that it is easy to perform with the right knowledge. In this blog, you can learn how you can send private messages from your mobile on Twitter, and also you can learn how to do that using a PC. sending messages on Twitter privately can be an excellent experience with the right knowledge and approach. So, read that blog, so you can enlarge your circle on Twitter and share your opinions with others privately.